Iain Ferguson will be retiring as the Lloyd’s Regional Director for APMEA on the 31 December 2024. He will be succeeded by Chris Mackinnon who will build on Iain’s successful tenure and excellent leadership in the region from 1 April this year.
This appointment follows Ian Ferguson’s planned retirement at the end of 2024. Mackinnon, a seasoned professional, boasts a comprehensive background in various critical areas such as broking, sales, strategy, operations, and regulatory compliance.
During his nine-year tenure at Lloyd’s, Mackinnon notably contributed as the Regional Head of Australia & New Zealand and as Lloyd’s General Representative in Australia.
In these roles, he played a key part in market development, engaging with market practitioners and regulatory bodies to enhance Lloyd’s presence in Australia.
In April 2023, Mackinnon stepped into the role of Deputy Regional Director for the Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa regions.
Additionally, he serves as a Non-Executive Director at the Insurance Council of Australia, representing the general insurance industry in the country. His extensive experience and proven track record in leadership positions position him well for this significant role at Lloyd’s.
Chris Mackinnon – experienced and proven insurance industry executive. Passionate about leadership focussed on high performance and consumer outcomes. Successful design, implementation and execution of strategy and business performance. International career (Sydney and London) over 30 years including broking, sales, strategy, operations, regulation, compliance and management.
• Accountability for the prudential licence of the 5th largest insurance provider in Australia
• Compound annual premium growth rate in Australia of 11.3%
• Growth in the Australian Coverholder network of 37%
• Market share of the general insurance industry premium pool increased by 18%
• Regional management responsibility for New Zealand and Vanuatu
• Member of the Asia Pacific Steering Group
• Non-Executive Director of the peak industry associations (ICA and UAC)
• Local Chairman of the Dive In Festival (the festival for diversity & inclusion in insurance)
• Chairman of the Advisory Committee to the Australian Fire Brigade Charges Scheme