Lloyd’s of London confirmed that Jonathan May, currently Chief Financial Officer and Chief Operations Officer for Lloyd’s Europe will become Lloyd’s Europe CEO on the 1st January subject to regulatory approval, following the departure of Amélie Breitburd on 31 December 2023.
Jonathan is currently a member of the LIC Board of Directors and LIC Management Committee and has played a key role in helping to establish the foundational strength of our European business.
Amélie was appointed CEO of Lloyd’s Europe (Lloyd’s Insurance Company operating from Brussels) in April 2021. During her tenure, Lloyd’s European subsidiary has gone from strength to strength, securing its position as the platform of choice for European specialty commercial risk solutions.
- Chief Financial Officer, Chief Operations Officer and Director at Lloyd’s Europe
- Chief Financial Officer, International at Lloyd’s
- Non-Executive Director at Lloyd’s Brussels
Having begun his career with Ernst & Young, Jonathan joined Lloyd’s in 2006 and has a wealth of experience in leadership roles across the Corporation including CFO and COO for the Greater China region, Asia Pacific Regional CFO, Lloyd’s Global CFO and Global COO leading the finance and operations across Lloyd’s international network.
With Jonathan stepping up to the role of Lloyd’s Europe CEO, further appointments, subject to regulatory approval, include:
- Masumi Hashiguchi was appointed on 30 November as CRO of Lloyd’s Europe
- James Davidson, currently LIC Deputy CFO, is appointed CFO, and on an interim basis, LIC COO, effective from 1 January 2024. In line with his new role, James will join the LIC Management Committee and Board, subject to shareholder approval.
- Benoit Waltregny is appointed LIC Deputy CEO, alongside his current role as LIC General Counsel.
Lloyd’s Europe has been a great success story during Amelie’s tenure. We could not have hoped for a more positive profile across all stakeholder groups as Lloyd’s Europe grew to be a valued member of the European insurance and reinsurance familyPatrick Tiernan, Lloyd’s Chief of Markets
“During her time as CEO, Amelie has both solidified the European platform and built trust and confidence with customers, brokers and carriers. The future is very exciting for Lloyd’s Europe as Amelie hands over the leadership to Jonathon as CEO and Benoit as Deputy CEO. I wish Amelie every success in her future career and thank her for her commitment to Lloyd’s”, sayd Patrick Tiernan.
Lloyd’s is the world’s leading marketplace for insurance and reinsurance. Through the collective intelligence and expertise of the market’s underwriters and brokers, we’re sharing risk to create a braver world.
The Lloyd’s market offers the resources, capability, and insight to develop new and innovative products for customers in any industry, on any scale, in more than 200 territories.
by Yana Keller