Federica Remondi – Flood Lead, Swiss Re Institute
Federica is Flood Peril Lead in Swiss Re’s Cat Perils, Cyber & Geo division. She is responsible for the global flood risk view at Swiss Re. She leads the agenda for natural catastrophe research and model development in regards to hydro-meteorological extreme events. Current research hotspots revolve around pluvial and flash flooding, hurricane-induced floods, and climate change and urbanization impact on nat cat risk.
Federica joined Swiss Re in 2018 as a flood specialist focusing on pluvial flood and storm surge risk modeling.
Federica holds a M.Sc. in Environmental and Land Planning Engineering from Politecnico di Milano and a PhD in Environmental Engineering with a major in Hydrology from ETH Zurich.
- from 2021 Flood Lead, Swiss Re Zurich, Switzerland
- 2018 – 2021 Natural Catastrophe Specialist Swiss Re Zürich Area, Switzerland
- 2015 – 2018 Research Assistant, ETH Zürich / Hydrology and Water Resources Management, Institute of Environmental Engineering
- 2013 – 2015 Research Assistant, Singapore-ETH Centre
- 2012-2012 Research Assistant, Georgia Institute of Technology
- 2013 – 2018 ETH Zürich, Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.), Hydrology & Water Resources Engineering / Thesis: “Hydrological modelling and water flux tracking to quantify controls on water transit and residence time”
- 2014 – 2015 National University of SingaporeNational University of Singapore, PhD visiting student, Environmental Engineering
- 2010 – 2012 Politecnico di Milano, Master’s Degree, Environmental and Land Planning Engineering