Ivor Edwards – Partner Clyde & Co
Ivor is the European head of the corporate insurance group which is part of the wider insurance and reinsurance group. He undertakes a range of corporate work including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and start ups.
Ivor focuses on advising insurance companies, Lloyd’s vehicles, brokers and third party insurance intermediaries. He has experience of all types of corporate and commercial insurance agreements, particularly M&A (both Lloyd’s and companies market), joint ventures, start-ups and corporate reorganisations along with distribution and broker arrangements.
Ivor also focuses on reinsurance and regulatory capital solutions.
Prior to becoming a lawyer, Ivor worked for a loss adjuster and an insurance broker and is quoted in a recent independent report by Chambers – “Ivor Edwards receives significant acclaim as a corporate insurance specialist with a strong background of working in the insurance market”.
- Sale of QBE’s Italian and Spanish medical mal-practice insurance portfolio
- Sale of QBE’s disease book by way of reinsurance
- Acquisition of Asta Managing Agency by Paraline, Skuld and Tawa
- Acting for a life company in relation to a £850 million buy-in/buy-out of a pension scheme
- Establishment of the Lloyd’s syndicates of Acappella and Pionner
- Investment, joint venture arrangements and distribution arrangements in relation to a number of MGAs and retail life intermediaries
- A range of group reorganisation, regulatory and distribution matters including for the Post Office and VW
- Acting for AIG on a European wide distribution arrangement, acquisition and cross-border merger