Thomas Holzheu, Chief Economist Americas, Deputy Head of Group Economic Research and Strategy Swiss Re Institute, Ph.D.
- from 2017 Chief Economist Americas, Swiss Re Institute
- 2011 – 2017 Head of Economic Research & Consulting, Americas, Swiss Re Institute, Greater New York City Area
- 1997 – 2011 Senior Economist Swiss Re Institute, Economic Research & Consulting, New York
As Chief Economist Americas, I’m responsible for economic forecasting and insurance market research in the Americas. Together with my team, I support Swiss Re’s business units and strategic planning, provide insights and forecasts on market developments and the economic environment.Thomas Holzheu, Swiss Re Institute
This includes the sigma series, Swiss Re’s research publication on the insurance industry. I frequently present and publish on economic, insurance and risk-related topics. Research areas include technology trends, regulatory factors, catastrophe loss trends, protection gaps, alternative capital, liability claims drives and the interaction of re/insurance with international financial markets.
- 1990 – 1994 Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München, Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.), economics
- Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München, Diploma, economics 1985 – 1990 / Law and Economics, Property Rights Theory, Environmental Policy, Risk and Insurance.
- “Environmental politics via liability rules – loss prevention and risk allocation” / Law and Economics, Property Rights Theory, Environmental Policy, Risk and Insurance.
Honors & awards
- 2017 Shin Research Excellence Award / Issued by Geneva Association and International Insurance Society (IIS)